These are like paranthas, but less elaborate to make. It is a preparation from Gujarat.
You will need –
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 5 tblsp. oil
- salt to taste
- a mixture of oil and ghee in equal proportion for frying
- Rub the oil in the flour, add salt and make stiff dough.
- Knead well, divide into 15 balls. Cover and keep aside.
- Heat a shallow frying pan or griddle, keep on medium heat.
- Roll out one ball, to the size of your palm, apply a little ghee and oil mixture, fold it twice to make a triangular shape.
- Roll out again into a thickish triangular size (approx. 1/4 inch thick or slightly thinner), put on the griddle and turn after a few seconds.
- Shallow fry to a crisp golden colour with the ghee and oil mixture.
- Serve hot, or keep warm in a warm oven till serving time.