Gur Wale Meethe Chawal/Jaggery Rice
Jaggery/Gur wale meethe chawal recipe is just awesome and heaven in taste. When you have craving for some sweet dish after meal you can go for this recipe.
- Leftover rice (chawal)
- 1 cup Jaggery (gur) grated (according to the quantity of rice and taste)
- 2-3 tablespoon clarified Butter (Desi Ghee)
- 10-12 pieces of almond chopped (badam)
- 10-12 pieces of cashew nuts chopped ( kaju)
- 1 spoon Sweet fennel (meethi saunf) optional
- 2-3 Black cardamoms
- 2-3 Cloves
- 4-5 black peppercorns
- Take non stick frying pan or kadahi. Pour out clarified Butter (Desi Ghee) into it.
- Now add black cardamoms, cloves, black peppercorns, sweet fennel, almonds, and cashew nuts (keep some for garnishing) and fry them for a minute or half till liitle brown.
- Now add Leftover rice and mix it well. Sprinkle little water in between to avoid stickiness with pan and then add grated jaggery to it and mix it well again. Keep stirring for 4-5 minutes till the rice appears glazed.
- Now serve garnished with left almonds and cashew nuts.
Note. If your children does not like black cardamoms, cloves, black peppercorns, sweet fennel etc. then go for simple version. Just make this recipe by skipping these ingredients.