- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 stack Keebler Club Crackers, crushed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/2 cup butter, divided use
- 3 large onions
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees halfway through onion cooking.
- Slice the onions and saute in 4 tablespoons of butter over medium-low heat; the longer you cook them – as long as 35 minutes – the sweeter they will be.
- Sprinkle in crushed red pepper.
- Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Mix the crushed crackers, then press the mixture into the bottom and sides of a glass pie plate to form a crust.
- Prebake crust for 10 minutes.
- Lightly beat the eggs and milk together in a small bowl.
- Spoon the onions into the crust, then pour the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until set and golden.