- 5 tbsp maida (plain flour)
- 2 small eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup milk – approx
- 200 gms paneer (cottage cheese) – mashed
- 2 small capsicums – chopped finely
- 1 big onion – chopped finely
- 2 green chillies – chopped finely
- 1 tsp red chilli pd.
- 4 tsp garam masala (mixed spices)
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- Beat maida, eggs, salt, pepper and milk together to get smooth batter of a very thin pouring consistency.
- Heat a non-stick pan. Smear 1 tsp oil in the centre.
- Remove from fire and pour one karchi (1/3 cup) of batter.
- Spread by tilting the pan. Cook on slow fire.
- When the underside is cooked, remove from the pan on to a plate. Keep aside.
- Cook onions and capsicum in oil till onions turn pink.
- Add paneer and green chillies.
- Add salt, red chilli pd. and garam masala. Cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from fire & cool.
- Cut 1-1/2″ strip from two sides of the pancake. Keep the strips aside.
- Cut the left over pancake into two equal pieces length wise.
- Place the 1/2″ strip on the edge of one piece.
- Put 1 tbsp full of the filling in the centre of the strip.
- 14 Fold the sides of the strip to cover the filling.
- Roll the pancake tightly. Keep aside.
- Similarly, prepare the second roll with the second piece of pancake.
- Fry in very little oil in a pan on slow fire. Serve hot on a bed of open cabbage leaves and thickly sliced capsicums.
Do not let the roll-ups turn brown on frying, so do not heat the oil too much at the time of frying.