Mutton Goulash Recipe
- 1 kg Mutton
- 300 gm tomato puree (or 40 gm ripe tomatoes and 1/2 cup tomato ketchup)
- 1/2 cup curd
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 medium sized onions
- 6 lakes garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt half the butter in a heavy saucepan. Add chopped onions and fry on low heat till light brown. Remove the onions and keep aside.
- Mix the salt and pepper, Cut the mutton in 1 inch cubes, dry the cubes and roll them in the salt and pepper mixture.
- Add the remaining butter to the saucepan, add meat and brown well on all sides.
- Return the onions to the pan; add crushed garlic and the tomato puree. (If you are using fresh tomatoes, blanch them and put through a mixer and a strainer to get the juice.)
- Mix well.
- Cook on very low heat, stirring occasionally
- Cover with a heavy lid with water on top of the lid to prevent the mixture going dry.
- No water should be required to be added, but you may add a little if it takes too long for the meat to get cooked.
- When done, add lightly beaten curd or a mixture of 2 tbsp curd and 1 tbsp cream and simmer awhile, without boiling.
- Now, remove from flame.
- The goulash should have thick gravy to go with the rice or the dinner rolls.