Khat Mitha Paneer
- 125 gms paneer (cottage cheese) – cut into 3/4″ cubes
- 4 big tomatoes – chopped
- 2 onions – chopped
- 4 green chillies – chopped
- 2 small carrots
- 2 tsp salt
- 2-1/2 tbsp sirka (vinegar)
- 1-1/2 tsp soya-bean sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp chilli pd.
- 2 spring onions (only the green stalk) – finely chopped
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ajwain – crushed
- 4 tbsp maida
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 4 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp red chilli pd.
- Chop tomatoes, onions, carrots and 2 green chillies. Add 2 tsp salt and 1/2 cup water. Simmer for 20 minutes till they tender.
- Pass through a fine sieve or a strainer.
- Heat the puree, add soya-bean sauce, vinegar, salt and sugar and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on low heat.
- Heat oil, and fry lightly the finely chopped spring onions.
- Add ajwain and chilli pd., stir for a few seconds and then add the puree.
- Add 2 finely cut green chillies and white pepper. Keep aside.
- Prepare a thick batter by mixing the ingredients mentioned
- Cut paneer into 3/4″ cubes.
- Dip each piece of the paneer into the batter and deep fry.
10 Add the fried paneer to the slightly heated sauce and simmer for 5-7 minutes or till the sauce penetrates into the paneer.
- Add 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.