Cauliflower and Potatoes, Aloo Gobi
You will need –
- 600 gms cauliflower broken into medium sized pieces
- 400 gms. potatoes, peeled and cut in similar pieces
- One large onion chopped
- 1 inch ginger sliced finely
- 4 green chilies cut in long pieces
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- salt to taste
- 4 tblsp. oil.
- Take a large shallow pan. Heat the oil, and fry ginger, chilies and onion in it till light brown. Add turmeric, fry.
- Add cauliflower and potatoes to the pan.
- Add salt, mix well and cook on low heat, covering for some time, sprinking water once or twice if necessary.
- The vegetable should have no gravy but should be moist. Serve hot