Thandai Recipe, Summer Coolers
This is a delicious and cooling milk cold drink from India and supposed to be very good for health in hot wheather. The drink, as given here, is not intoxicating.
You will need –
- 6 glasses milk
- 6 glasses water (If there are 12 people. Adjust the quantities of milk and water according to the number of people)
- 1 tblsp. Khuskhus
- 1 tblsp. Sauf
- 25 gms almonds
- 6 cardamoms
- 1 tblsp. Rosewater
- 1 tblsp. Pepper
- 2 tblsp. seeds of cucumber, melon and pumpkin each (you can buy these in the shops, or collect them yourself at home, dry them and store them. Peel them when using)
- 10 gms (black currants) manuka. You may vary the proportions as per your choice.
- Grind the almonds and the currants separately.
- For currants you will have to sprinkle a little water.
- Grind all the other ingredients together and mix them, with the milk and water.
- Mix and whisk vigorously.
- Strain through a cloth, and then add the ground almonds and currants.
- Chill and serve.