Kokum Kola is a non-alcoholic cocktail. Kokum, Garcinia indica, is a fruit tree from Western Ghats of South India. We can find kokum trees in Maharashtra and Goa . The red cherry-like fruits are very delicious and from the pulp of which the drink is prepared. Kokum is similar in appearance to Coke.
- 1/2 cup kokum
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Crushed cumin seeds (optional)
- Wash and soak kokum in water for an hour.
- Squeeze out the juice.
- Add salt and sugar to taste.
- Dilute with iced water as required.
- Add salt and cumin seeds if desired.
- You can make ice cubes in advance and put them in plastic has store them in the freezer.
- Always put ice in glass before pouring the ingredients, so tharon drink is chilled while it is poured.
- Sugar does not dissolve as easily in alcohol as in water. A dash of water on the sugar before adding the liquor will help.
- Drinks with fruit juices must be shaken vigorously before serving Clear drinks like gimlets should be stirred; drinks with soda must be stirred gently.
- For good effect when using fruit peel, rub rim of glass with it, press it to spray the aromatic oils onto the surface of the drink and then drop it into the glass.
- When using tinned fruit juices, remember that they might be already sweetened.
- To frost a glass, rub rim with lemon peel or orange peel and then dip the glass in a quarter inch of castor sugar.