You will need
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 tblsp. oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt,
Will make 8 Polis.
- Make the dough as for Phulkas. Divide into 8 balls, keep covered. Heat the girdle on medium heat.
- Roll out one ball to the size of your palm, smear with a little oil and a pinch of flour.
- Fold and fold again, giving it a triangular shape. With the help of dry flour, roll out evenly to a thin circular shape, approx. 8 to 9 inches in diameter.
- Place on the girdle, turn after a few seconds.
- Bake the other side well, and then turn again to bake both the sides evenly to a light brown.
- Remove, smear with ghee, fold and store in a cloth-lined tin.