Special Cheesy Chicken Recipe
Another easy-to-do chicken which involves no grinding of onion has no spices and no laborious frying involved. It is just what you feel like eating on a hot summer day, too.
- 1 chicken, weighing about 700 gm, or 8 chicken breasts
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated cheese (the sharper the better)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons sifted flour
- 3 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 Egg
A bowl, 2 plates; a thick and flat-bottomed pan with a cover, preferably non-stick
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, cheese, salt and pepper. Put into one of the plates.
- Into another plate put the flour, and into the bowl put the egg, lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water.
- Wash and pat dry the chicken. Roll it first in the flour, then in the egg and finally in the breadcrumb-cheese mixture. Cover each piece thickly and evenly.
- In the flat-bottomed pan, heat the oil. Gently lay the chicken pieces in it and brown lightly on both sides. Cover and cook on a slow fire for 15 minutes, then dilute the tomato sauce with 1 tablespoon water and dribble it over each piece.
- Cover and cook another 15-20 minutes till the chicken completely tender. This is a dry preparation, which goes well with a salad or baked dish.