Vermicelli Kheer Recipe
Saviyan Kheer or Vermicelli Kheer, a mouth-watering and delicious Indian dessert. Which is a combination of milk and vermicelli strands with almonds, cashew nuts and raisins. It most loved by children.
- 4 heaped tbsp Vermicelli
- 4 to 6 cups milk
- 5-6 Chopped almonds
- 2 tsp. ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 cup sugar to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (Elaichi Powder)
- 1/2 tablespoon Raisins (kishmish), optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped Cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped Almonds
- Boil the milk to thicken it a bit. (Boil for about 10 minutes)
- Heat ghee in a pan and add the Vermicelli into it and fry on low heat till very light brown.
- Pour the milk on the Vermicelli and cook for a few minutes. Add sugar and remove when sugar dissolves. Add powdered cardamoms. Kheer always becomes very thick when chilled, so you may have to add extra milk when serving.