5 Best Tips to save nutrients in food and vegetables
Here we are giving you some easy and simple tips to maintain the nutrition level of food.
- Cooking Speed-Low speed cooking can leads to loss of nutrients, so add salt while cooking to speed up the cooking to avoid this loss.
- Vegetable cutting-Cut vegetables in equal proportion and add right quantity of water while cooking, otherwise it will take time to cook and can reduce nutrition level.
- Vegetable Peeling-If vegetables are fresh; avoid peeling them, as the outer layer of the vegetables contains most of the nutrients. Such as potatoes, pumpkin and cucumber used in salad too. You can use unpeeled cucumber in salad.
- Vegetable Washing-Wash vegetables before chopping such as beans, potatoes, carrots, fenugreek leaves etc. to maintain nutrition level.
- Stock Usage-Extra water left after boiling pulses, vegetables and be used as a stock for dough making.