Boiled Cauliflower in White Sauce
You will need –
- 750 gms cauliflower
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tsp. cornflour
- one medium sized onion
- 1/4 inch ginger (optional)
- 1 green chili
- 2 tblsp. Butter
- 4 tblsp. grated cheese
- salt to taste
- Break the cauliflower into big-size pieces and boil in salted water. Drain (you can keep the water and use it for soup). Fry chopped onion and finely chopped ginger in butter till light brown.
- Add corn flour (or maida) and fry lightly. Add the milk, stirring constantly, so as not to form lumps. Add salt and half the grated cheese.
- Bring to a boil and remove. Place the cauliflower in a baking dish which can be taken to the table. Pour the sauce over it.
- Top it with the remaining grated cheese and put it in moderately hot oven for 15 minutes switch on the grill to brown the top and remove.