Chicken with Mushroom and Capsicum Recipe
Teamed with the delicate-flavored mushroom and the tangy capsicum, this is an interesting blend.
- 1 chicken weighing about 700 gm, cleaned and jointed
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 200 gm mushrooms, washed, dried and cut in halves from a head to stem
- 1/2-1 cup sifted flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 onions, sliced in rings
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 capsicums, chopped in tiny pieces (if you can’t get then use green chilies)
- 4 tomatoes, pureed or blanched and chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Non-stick pan with a lid
- Spread out the flour on a plate and coat the pieces of chicken in it as uniformly as possible. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in the pan and add to it the chicken. Fry till lightly browned on all sides. Remove.
- In the same fat, add the onion and garlic. Cover and let it cook till the onions are softened.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the mushrooms and chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 7-8 minutes.
- Add the chicken. Cover the pan tightly and let it cook till the chicken is almost tender. (If you are using broilers, this should not take more than half an hour, otherwise a little longer.)
- Add the mushrooms. Cover and cook again for another 10 minutes till the chicken is completely tender.