Chunda/Raw Mango Relish Recipe-I
- 5 kg. rajapuri raw mangoes
- 25 kg sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- 6 cloves
- 2 inch cinnamon
- 3 dry red chilies
- 1/4 tsp asafetida
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp salt
- Chili powder (optional to taste)
- Peel and grate the mangoes and weigh the grated mango.
- For 1 kg grated mango, take 1.25 kg sugar.
- Heat the oil; add mustard seeds, asafoetida, cinnamon, cloves and red chilies.
- Mix the mango and the sugar and add it to the oil. Add salt. Mix well and cook on medium heat without cover, stirring frequently.
- Cook till the sugar melts and one string syrup is formed.
- Remove and fill in a jar when cool.
- If you want to add chili powder, add it when the Chunda is cool.
Sweet and Sour Chunda Recipe-2
- 1 kg grated rajapuri mango
- 1.25 kg sugar
- Salt and chili powder to taste
- 2 tbsp whole cumin seeds
- Take a large enough stainless steel vessel and a thin white cloth to cover the vessel.
- Mix the mango, salt and the sugar in the vessel. Cover with the white cloth and tie it round the vessel with a tape.
- Keep in the sun everyday for ten to fifteen days or till thick syrup is formed.
- Stir every other day. When the Chunda is ready add the chili powder and cumin seeds and fill in a jar.