Dill (Soya) – Flavored Chicken Recipe
A simple chicken curry with a difference – it is delicately flavored with dill. There’s nothing like it if you can get it fresh but if you can’t, use coriander instead.
- 1 chicken, weighing about 700 gm, washed and jointed
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 small green cardamoms, pounded roughly
- 1 small piece of cinnamon
- 2 onions, ground
- 4 cloves garlic, ground
- 1″ piece of ginger, ground
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 bunch (6 tablespoons) fresh dill(soya)
- A pinch of turmeric –
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin, ground
- Salt, pepper and red chili powder to taste
- A pinch of garam masala (optional)
A thick-bottomed pan or Karahi
- Heat the oil
- Add the cardamoms and cinnamon. Fry for a minute.
- Add the onions. Fry light brown.
- Add the garlic and ginger. Fry golden brown.
- Grind together the tomatoes and soya. Add to the mixture in the pan.
- When the fat separates, add the spices and salt and fry few seconds.
- Add the chicken. When the moisture from the chicken dries, fry a few minutes more and add 2 cups water. Cover the pan and simmer till cooked and the gravy is thickened broiler chicken. This should not take more than 30 minutes if you are using broiler chicken.