Baingan/Brinjal ka Bharta Recipe
Baingan ka Bharta is a delicious Indian sabji. its smoky flavor make it more tasty.
- 2 big brinjals/baingan(eggplant) of the bharta variety
- 2 Medium Onions
- 3 Tomatoes
- 2 green chilies
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp. asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Pierce the brinjals in two or three places each, near the stem (do not remove the stem) through and through with a sharp pointed thin rod (like the thin end of an iron spatula);
- Rub oil all over the brinjal and put a few drops in the holes.
- Roast directly over the flame till turns black and brown on all sides.
- Now, remove, pour cold water over the roasted brinjal and remove the skin (peel) and mash them.
- Chop the onion and chilies finely.
- Heat oil in a pan, put in the mustard and asafoetida, and then add the onion and chilies. Fry till the onion starts changing color.
- Now, add ginger-garlic paste and chopped tomatoes. Stir till oil separates.
- And then add the turmeric, garam masala fry, and then add the mashed brinjals, salt and chili powder.
- Mix well and fry a little longer for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Remove and garnish with coriander chopped leaves.
- Serve with chapatti/fulka