You will need –
- 300 gms fresh methi (fenugreek) leaves
- 50 gms coriander leaves
- 1 inch ginger
- 4 green chilies
- 1 cup (gram flour) besan
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- salt to taste
- Clean, wash and chop finely the methi and coriander leaves.
- Grind the ginger and chilies. You may add 6 petals of garlic or chopped leaves of green garlic if it is available.
- Mix the methi, coriander, ground chilies and ginger, gram flour, whole wheat flour, salt, turmeric and 2 tblsp. oil. Add enough curd to make firm dough.
- Form into small oblong rolls and steam them in a double boiler, by placing them in a shallow greased pan. Remove after half an hour.
- Cool. Cut into thick slices and shallow fry lightly on both sides.