Cocktail Paneer Samosa
- 3/4 cup maida (plain flour)
- Y cup suji (semolina)
- a pinch of baking pd.
- 4 tsp salt
- 2 semi heaped tbsp of ghee (vansapati) or margarine
- 200 gms paneer – grated
- 2 small boiled potatoes – mashed coarsely
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/4″ piece ginger – finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli pd.
- salt to taste
- 3/4 tsp roasted zeera (cumin seeds) pd.
- 3/4 tsp garam masala (mixed spices)
- 1/4 tsp amchoor (dried mango pd.)
- 1 tbsp kaju (cashewnuts) bits
- 1 tbsp kishmish (raisins)
- 2 green chillies – finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Mix maida, suji, salt, baking pd, and ghee.
- 2 Add a few tbep of water and knead to form a stiff dough.
- Kaap covered for h hour.
- Heat oil. Put off the fire. Add ginger. Add salt, red chilli pd, param masala, zeera, and amchoor. Return to fire.
- Add nuts. Cook for a few seconds.
- Add potatoes. Cook for 1/2 minute.
- Add paneer. Mix well. Add sugar and green chillies.
- Cover and cook on slow fire for 3-4 minutes. Make the filling spicy, Keep aside.
- Make marble-sized balls of the dough.
- Roll out thinly. Cut into two.
- Fold each half into a triangle to form a cone.
- Seal the cone by applying water. Fill 1 tbsp of the filling inside the cone.
- Make a small fold or pleate on the joint of the cone.
- Now close the cone with water. Press the side opposite to the pointed side against a plate, giving it a samosa look.
- Heat oil. Deep fry 8-10 pieces at a time on slow fire.