Vietnamese Egg Coffee Cream
You will need –
- 3 tblsp. instant coffee
- 10 gms gelatin
- 4 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 5 tblsp. Sugar
- 1/2 cup cream
- 6 walnuts
- Take two cups of water and dissolve the coffee and the gelatine in it, over gentle heat.
- Add the dissolved mixture to the (boiled and cooled) milk.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar together in a metal bowl, holding the bowl over a pan of hot water, till the mixture becomes thick and creamy.
- Whip the egg whites stiff. Stir the egg yolk and sugar mixture in the milk along with the cream and mix well.
- Add 1 tblsp. of the beaten egg white to the milk mixture and mix vigorously.
- Lightly fold in the rest of the egg white. Pour in a glass bowl and set in the fridge. When set, decorate with some whipped cream and walnut pieces.