Mango Panna/Aam Panna
Mango Panna with mint leaves is very delicious ans non-alcoholic cocktail
- 500 gm raw mangoes
- Sugar to taste
- Cumin seeds or cardamom and saffron
- Salt to taste
- Mint Leaves
- Peel and grate the mangoes and squeeze out the juice.
- Add salt and sugar to taste and water as required.
- Dry roast and power coarsely the cumin seeds, and add it to the Panna
- Alternatively, a crushed saffron and powdered cardamoms
- Garnish with Mint Leaves
- Chill and serve.
- You can make ice cubes in advance and put them in plastic has store them in the freezer.
- Always put ice in glass before pouring the ingredients, so that the drink is chilled while it is poured.
- Sugar does not dissolve as easily in alcohol as in water. A dash of water on the sugar before adding the liquor will help.
- Drinks with fruit juices must be shaken vigorously before serving Clear drinks like gimlets should be stirred; drinks with soda must be stirred gently.
- For good effect when using fruit peel, rub rim of glass with it, press it to spray the aromatic oils onto the surface of the drink and then drop it into the glass.
- When using tinned fruit juices, remember that they might be already sweetened.
- To frost a glass, rub rim with lemon peel or orange peel and then dip the glass in a quarter inch of castor sugar.