You will need –
- 1 to 1- 1/2 cups cornflakes
- 3/4 cup peanuts (optional)
- chili powder and sugar to taste
- Oil for frying.
- Heat the oil. Use a deep perforated spoon, specially made for removing fried things from the fat.
- Drop a handful of flakes in the oil, remove quickly, as soon as they puff up.
- Fry the peanuts (optional) since you are also serving roasted peanuts.
- Alternatively, you may serve roasted bengal gram, (which are available in the shops, everywhere in India) in the same way. Add salt, sugar and chili powder.
- Store in an airtight tin.