Goanese Kadhi Recipe
- 2 cups sour curds or 4 cups butter milk
- 2 tbsp besan (gram flour)
- 1 large onion
- 1 inch ginger
- 8 petals garlic
- 3 green chilies
- One large tomato
- A few curry leaves
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh grated coconut
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Salt to taste
- Churn the butter milk with the flour and salt, chop the onion finely.
- Grind the garlic, ginger and chilies and coriander and coconut coarsely.
- Blanch and chop the tomato.
- Heat ghee, add curry leaves and onion and fry till light brown.
- Add turmeric, ground spices and tomato.
- Fry well.
- Pour the curd mixture over this, adjust the consistency.
- The kadhi should be fairly thick.
- Add a pinch of citric acid if the curds are not sour enough.
- Boil for 5 minutes and remove.