Mushroom and Paneer Pulao
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 100 gms mushrooms (1/2 packet)
- 150 gms paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot – optional
- 1 capsicum – optional
- 2-3 laung (cloves)
- 1 stick dalchini (cinnamon)
- 11/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp desi ghee or 3 tbsp oil
- Clean, wash rice. Soak for 1 hour.
- Wash mushrooms thoroughly and cut each into thick slices lengthwise, into ‘T’ shaped pieces.
- Cut paneer into 1/2″ square pieces and deep fry to a golden colour.
- Shred the carrot and capsicum into thin strips.
- Heat ghee. Add dalchini, laung and onions. Cook till onions turn light brown in colour.
- Add mushrooms. Cook for 3-4 minutes on slow fire.
- Add 2 cups of water. Add the rice, capsicum and carrot. Add paneer.
- Add salt. Boil. 9. Cook covered on slow fire till the rice is done.