- 4 tbsp of boiled, mashed and chilled potato paste
- 4 semi heaped tbsp maida (plain flour)
- 4 tbsp melted ghee (vanaspati)
- 4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ onion – chopped fine
- 1 green chilli – chopped fine
- 50 gms paneer
- 1/2 tsp saunf (optional)
- 1 tbsp oil V tap haldi (turmeric pd.)
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- salt to taste
- Make a soft dough by mixing potato paste, maida, ghee, salt, pepper and chilli pd. Do not add water. Chill the dough in the fridge for some time.
- Heat oil. Add onion and green chillies. Cook till onions are transparent. Add saunf.
- Add paneer & cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Cool the filling.
- Make a ball of the potato dough. Flatten 1/4″ thick in an oval shape of about 7″ long and 3″ broad on a greased baking tray.
- Place the filling length-wise in the centre.
- Lift the sides, overlapping each other to make a roll.
- Shape the roll in a horse-shoe shape.
- Brush with beaten egg or milk.
- Sprinkle some ajwain. Make slits 2″ apart.
- Bake in a hot oven 200°C for half an hour till golden brown.
- To serve, cut into pieces at the slits.
Note : Use only vanaspati ghee. Do not substitute oil for it.