Potato Bhaji (Gujarati Style)
You will need –
- 600 gms potatoes
- 4 tblsp. Oil
- 4 green chilies
- 1 tblsp. Raisins
- 8 cashewnuts
- 1 tblsp. white (seasame) til seeds
- 2 tblsp. fresh grated coconut
- 2 tblsp. chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1/8 tsp. asafoetida (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- salt and sugar to taste
- Boil, peel and cut the potatoes in small pieces. Chop the chilies, break cashew nuts in bits.
- Heat the oil, add mustard and asafoetida, til seeds, chili pieces and then put in the raisins and cashews and fry.
- Lastly add the turmeric and then the potatoes, salt and sugar. Mix well and fry for some time. Add the coriander and coconut, remove.