- 3 cups (300 gms) maida (plain flour)
- 1 cup curd
- 1 cup warm water – approx
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp sugar
- 4 tsp oil
- 1 tsp kalaunji (onion seeds)
- 1 tsp khus-khus (poppy seeds)
- 1 tsp soda-bicarb
- 100 gms paneer – mashed
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- 1 green chilli – chopped
- salt, red chilli powder, garam masala to taste
- Sift maida and salt. Add sugar.
- Mix curd and oil. Knead with enough water to the dough.
- Mix 1 tsp of soda bicarb in 1/2 tbsp hot water and sprinkle on the kneaded dough. Knead again with a little oil to make a soft dough. Brush with oil.
- Keep in a warm place for 3-4 hours.
- Mix all ingredients of the filling.
- Make 6-8 balls.
- Roll out each ball. Place 1 tbsp of filling.
- Lift the sides to cover the filling
- Rollout again. Sprinkle some kalaunji and khus-khus. Roll in an oblong shape.
- Apply some water on the backside of the nan. Stick in a hot tandoor
- Cook till nan is ready.