Pataudi/Patwad/Besan ki Sabji Recipe
Patwadi preparation from western India; tasty, easily and quickly made.It is typical Marathi recipe and it is a best recipe for monsoon season. This is also called Pataudi / Patawadi chi Rassa Bhaji and some called it besan ki sabji.
- 1 cup beasn (gram flour)
- 1 cup sour buttermilk
- Salt and chili powder to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1-1/2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1 green chili
- Chopped coriander leaves and grated coconut (fresh or dry) for garnishing
- Mix the gram flour, buttermilk, salt and chili powder with two cups of water, churning well, so that no lumps remain
- Keep a big flat thali (or metal tray) ready, lightly greased, though the greasing is not really necessary.
- Put the mixture on flame, keep medium heat and stir continuously till the mixture thickens and starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Pour it in the tray. Tilt the tray around to help the mixture spread evenly.
- Heat the oil, add mustard seeds, chopped green chili, asafoetida and turmeric and pour on the spread mixture.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and coconut.
- To serve, cut into small (1-1/2 inch) squares and remove in a serving bowl.