Meat Chops Dopiaza/Onions
The slicing of onions might make your eyes water, but the superb blending of flavors will have the same effect on your mouth. Try it – it’s well worth the suffering.
- 5 kg chops, well washed
- 3-4 tablespoons cooking oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1-2 green chilies, de-seeded and chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar
- 5 onions, thinly sliced in rings
- A 2″ piece of ginger, ground
- 5-6 cloves garlic, ground
- ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Salt to taste
A pressure cooker
- Heat the oil. Add the cumin and green chilies and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the sugar, and after a few seconds, 3 add of the sliced onions. Fry golden.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry till browned.
- Add the chops and on a slow fire, brown gently or sides.
- Add the salt, pepper, and vinegar. Taste the seasoning if you need, add the remaining sugar. Fry for a minute mo
- Add 1 cup water, stir well, close the cooker and let it come to maximum pressure. Reduce the heat and cook 15 minutes.
- After you open the cooker, check that the chops tender and add the remaining onion rings. Simmer minutes more and serve immediately.