Malaidar Paneer Kofta
- 250 gms paneer – grated
- 2 small boiled potatoes – grated
- 2 tbsp maida (plain flour)
- 2 green chillies – chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala (mixed spices)
- 1 tbsp malai
- 15-20 pieces of kishmish (raisins)
- 2-3 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp of freshly grated or dessicated coconut
- 2 big onions – chopped
- 1 green chilli – chopped
- 1 dry red chilli – broken into pieces
- 1/2 tsp zeera (cumin seeds)
- 1/2″ piece ginger – chopped
- 1 tbsp khus-khus (poppy seeds)
- 1 tbsp kaju – broken into bits
- 1 tsp dhania powder
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 small tomatoes – pureed
- 3-4 tbsp cream
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp salt – to taste
- Grate boiled potatoes. Add paneer, maida, green chillies, coriander, salt & garam masala.
- Make 15-20 balls of potato – paneer mixture.
- Flatten each ball, put a drop of malai and one kishmish in each ball.
- Cover the malai with the potato mixture to from a han again.
- Roll each ball in dry cornflour or maida.
- Deep fry 2-3 koftas at a time. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee. Add coconut, onions, green and red chilli, Zeera ginger, poppy seeds, kaju and dhania powder together Cook till onions turn light brown. Grind in a mixi.
- Heat 2 tbsp of ghee. Add onion paste and fry on low heat till paste is golden brown and ghee separates.
- Add tomatoes pureed in a liquidizer. Cook for some time until ghee separates.
- Add 1 cup water. Give 3-4 boils. Add salt & garam masala.
- Keep on low heat for a few minutes.
- Add cream. Mix. Add koftas. Remove from fire after 12 a minute. Serve immediately.