Methi Malai Paneer
- 200 gms paneer (cottage cheese) – cut into small cubos
- 1/2 cup shelled, boiled peas
- 1/2 stick dalchini (cinnamon)
- 2 moti illaichi (cardamom)
- 3-4 laung (cloves)
- 1 tbsp cashewnuts
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion – grated
- 1/4 tsp white pepper pd.
- 1/2 cup (75 gms) malai (cream)
- 4 tbsp kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
- salt to taste
- a pinch of sugar
- ½ cup milk (approx)
- Crush together dalchini, laung and seeds of moti illaichi on a chakla-belan. Keep the masala aside.
- Grind cashewnuts separately on the chakla-belan.
- Heat oil. Add grated onion and cook on low heat till oil separates. Do not let the onions turn brown.
- Add the crushed masala and pepper powder. Cook for a few seconds.
- Add kasoori methi and malai, cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes till malai dries up.
- Add boiled peas and paneer.
- Add cashewnuts and cook for a few seconds.
- Add enough milk to get a thick gravy.
- Add salt and sugar to taste. 10. Serve with a few peas in the centre, surrounded by a ring of cashewnut bits.