- 200 gms paneer – cut into fingers
- 3 tbsp desi ghee
- 1 onion – chopped
- 1″ piece ginger – chopped
- 1 green chilli – chopped
- 5-6 flakes garlic – crushed
- 3-4 laung (cloves)
- 3 chhoti illaichi (green cardamom) – roughly crushed
- 1 small carrot – chopped
- 2 tsp kasoori methi
- 2 tsp maida dissolved in 12 cup water
- 3/4 tsp each of salt red chilli
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp garam masala (mixed spices)
- 1/2 tsp roasted zeera (cumin seeds) pd.
- 1 cup water
- 4 tomatoes – chopped
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee. Add onions, ginger, garlic, green chillies & cloves. Cook till onions turn transparent.
- Add carrots & crushed green cardamom. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes & cook covered on low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water. Boil. Keep on low flame for 2-3 minutes. Remove from fire & cool.
- Blend in a liquidizer & strain the tomato gravy.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee. Add kasoori methi. Cook for 12 minute.
- Add the strained tomato gravy. Cook for 5-7 minutes on low flame. Add maida, salt, sugar, red chilli pd., garam masala and zeera pd. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add paneer pieces & serve hot.