- 1 capsicum – cut into fine rings
- 1 tomato – cut into long strips
- 2 onions – cut into fine rings
- 250 gms paneer – cut into big cubes
- 1 tbsp curd
- 1-1/2″ ginger piece
- 3-4 flakes garlic
- 2-3 dried whole red chillies
- 1/2 tsp kala namak (rock salt)
- 1/2 tsp garam masala (mixed spices)
- 1/4 tsp zeera powder (cumin seeds)
- yellow colour – few drops
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Cut paneer into 1-1/2″ cubes.
- Grind ginger, garlic and chillies to a paste.
- Mix curd, zeera powder, lemon juice, 2 tbsp oil, yellow colour, salt & kala namak to the paste.
- Apply half of the paste on the paneer. Marinate at least for 2 hours.
- Keep paneer pieces in a greased tray in a hot oven till the paneer gets well heated (15 minutes).
- In a clean karahi put 2 tbsp oil. Add capsicum and onion rings. Cook till onions turn pink.
- Add tomato strips, without pulp.
- Add the left over ginger paste. Mix well for 12 minute.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice.
- Serve paneer surrounded by onions, capsicums and tomato strips.