Sirke wali Hari Mirch aur Rai ka Achar
Sirke wali Hari Mirch or rai ka Achar this is my all time favorite pickle. It is very easy to make and very delicious too. This pickle is combination vinegar (sirka) and rai (mustard seeds). You can have this pickle with prantha in breakfast or with dal chawal or chapatti sabji. You can take any type of chilies like long or short. I always use short one which we use in daily in our other recipes. Short chilies are spicier than long one. So you can take according to your taste.
- 250 gm fresh short Green Chillies (hari mirch)
- 2 teaspoons mustard oil
- ½ cup vinegar (sirka)
- 2 tablespoon mustard seeds powder (rai powder)
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 3 teaspoon salt
- First wash chilies properly, soak them with a clean dry cloth, and remove the stalks (danthal) of chilies. Removing of stalks is optional as I do not remove them.
- Cut the chilies lengthwise and make 2 pieces of them and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in karahi or pan. When oil started changing color slow down the heat and then add coriander and cumin seeds and half mustard seeds powder (rai powder).
- Now, add chilies and stir them, after one minute add salt and half left mustard seeds powder (rai powder). Now stir again and after one minute turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Transfer this pickle in clean glass jar. This pickle is ready to serve.
- Spice up your meal with this tasty pickle.