Fresh Tomato Juice
- 4 cups pieces of ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 lemon
- Salt, pepper and sugar to taste
- Crush the tomatoes with the sugar in a mixer or a juicer and filter through a sieve.
- Add water to the pulp, squeeze out the remaining juice and strain it.
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper and iced water.
- Now serve.
- You can make ice cubes in advance and put them in plastic has store them in the freezer.
- Always put ice in glass before pouring the ingredients, so that the drink is chilled while it is poured.
- Sugar does not dissolve as easily in alcohol as in water. A dash of water on the sugar before adding the liquor will help.
- Drinks with fruit juices must be shaken vigorously before serving Clear drinks like gimlets should be stirred; drinks with soda must be stirred gently.
- For good effect when using fruit peel, rub rim of glass with it, press it to spray the aromatic oils onto the surface of the drink and then drop it into the glass.
- When using tinned fruit juices, remember that they might be already sweetened.
- To frost a glass, rub rim with lemon peel or orange peel and then dip the glass in a quarter inch of castor sugar.