Homemade Lemon and Chili Pickle Recipe
- 12 large yellow lemons
- 250 gm Fresh green chilies
- 1 ½ cups salt
- 1 cup mustard oil
- 2 tbsp Dhania (coriander) -Grind to a fine powder
- 1 tbsp Zeera (Cumin Seeds)
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp Kalonji (Nigella Seeds)
- ½ tbsp Methi (Fenugreek)
- 1 tbsp garman masalas
- 1 tiny piece hing (asafetida)
- Soak lemons overnight in salt water.
- Cut each lemon into 8 pieces.
- Cut chilies into large pieces.
- Mix the lemons and chilies in salt and powdered masalas and mix well.
- Then pour into a glass jar and keep it for 4 days in sun shine.
- Shake well before using it.