Baked Shrimp Scampi
- 2/3 cup panko
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 extra-large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, minced
- 3 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 8 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoon dry white wine
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pound frozen shrimp
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Defrost shrimp by putting them in cold water, and drain them. Place the shrimp in the serving dish (9×13 or 2-quart casserole) and toss gently with the olive oil, wine, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Allow sitting at room temperature while you make the butter and garlic mixture.
- In a small bowl, mash the softened butter with the garlic, shallots, parsley, rosemary, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice, egg yolk, panko, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper until combined.
- Spread the butter mixture evenly over the shrimp. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until hot and bubbly. If you like the top browned, place it under a broiler for 1-3 minutes (keep an eye on it). Serve with lemon wedges and French bread.
Note: if using fresh shrimp, arrange for a presentation. Starting from the outer edge of a 14-inch oval gratin dish, arrange the shrimp in a single layer cut side down with the tails curling up and towards the center of the dish. Pour the remaining marinade over the shrimp.