- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cucumber, cubed
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tomato, cubed
- 1/2 cup brown rice, cooked
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Chop up additional ingredients bite size and add to a medium bowl.
- Combine dressing and all ingredients in a large bowl, toss, and serve.
- Alternate dressing (for 2 servings):
- 1/2 lemon, juiced; 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar; 2 tbsp olive oil; 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped