This is a recipe from North India, very tasty and filling.
You will need –
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 litres milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 almonds
- any essence of your choice.
- Soak the rice in water for 8 hours. Drain and grind to a paste with a little water.
- Bring the milk to a boil, reduce the heat and add the rice paste, stirring all the time, to prevent sticking or boiling over.
- Soak the almonds in warm water for atleast half an hour, peel and cut in thin long slices.
- When the rice is cooked, add sugar and keep boiling, till mixture becomes quite thick.
- Remove, add essence, pour in a serving bowl and chill. Decorate with almond slices.