Sooji Stuffed Paratha
You will need –
- 2 cups fine semolina
- 3 cups jaggery or sugar
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 6 cardamoms
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 4 tblsp. oil
- a pinch of salt,
- 1 cup rice flour
- Fry semolina in ghee on medium heat, till it changes colour slightly. Mix jaggery in three cups of water and bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat and slowly add the somolina to the water, stirring continuously. Cover and cook on very low heat for a few minutes.
- Add the cardamom powder and remove. Knead well when the mixture cools, and divide into 16 portions. Cover and keep aside.
- Make stiff dough of the flour, adding a pinch of salt and little of the oil. Then, taking a little more oil and water at a time, knead the dough till it becomes soft and pliable.
- Pour the remaining oil in a vessel, place the dough on it and keep covered.
- To make a stuffed paratha, take a small ball of the dough; press out a little on your palm, place one portion of the semolina mixture on it, close from all sides, shaping into a ball.
- Take care to enclose well from all sides. Flatten the ball a little and with the help of rice flour, roll out lightly into a round, about 8 inches in diameter.
- Bake on a hot girdle on medium heat, turning on both sides. Brush a little ghee on the paratha while baking; this will help bake uniformly and get a nice colour. Serve with ghee and chutney.