Tandori Paneer Paratha
- 2 cups (250 gms) atta (whole wheat flour)
- 1 cup (200 ml) water – approx.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp solid ghee
- kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
- 100 gms paneer – mashed
- 1 onion – chopped finely
- 1 green chilli – chopped finely
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp red chilli pd.
- 3/4 tsp garam masala
- Keep ghee in the fridge for some time, so that it solidifies.
- Make soft dough with atta, salt and water. Keep aside for 1/2 hr.
- Mix all ingredients of the filling. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal parts. Shape into round balls.
- Flatten each ball, roll out each into a round of 5″ diameter.
- Spread 1 tsp full of solidifide ghee. Then spreed 1 tbsp of filling all over.
- Make a slit, starting from the centre till any one end.
- Start rolling from the slit, to form an even cone.
- Keeping the cone upright, press slightly.
- Roll out, applying pressure only at the centre. Do not roll or press two much on the sides, otherwise the layers of paratha do not separate after cooking.
- Sprinkle some kasoori methi and press with a rolling pin (belan).
- Apply water on the back side of the paratha and stick carefully in a heated tandoor or place in a preheated oven in a greased tray.
- Remove after a few minutes. 14. Spread some ghee, serve hot.