Mixed Vegetable Pie Recipe Ingredients
- 200 gm each of potatoes, cauliflower, carrots, shelled peas
- 100 gm each of French beans and cabbage
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- One medium sized onion
- 1 green chili and a very small piece of ginger (both optional)
- 1 capsicum
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- Cut all the vegetables except capsicum in small pieces and cook in salted water, briskly boiling, without covering the vessel for 5 minutes till tender and then drain thoroughly. (You may boil the peas separately, adding a pinch of soda to the water, to keep them green)
- Melt the butter in another pan on medium heat, fry the ginger, chili (slit lengthwise) and onion (chopped finely) and then add corn flour and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring until thick. Add half of the grated cheese and set aside.
- Now, drain the cooked vegetables into it and transfer them to an oven proof dish, pour the white sauce over them, mix well.
- Garnish the top with bread crumbs, capsicum rings and the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven or under a grill till the top is light brown and cheese starts melting.