Paneer Lababdar Recipe
Paneer Lababdar is a yummilicious treat, which is a combination of cottage cheese and gravy made from tomato, onions, cashew nuts and many other spices.
- 250 gm-Paneer cubes (Indian Cottage Cheese)
- 2 tbsp refined oil or mustard oil or olive oil
For Gravy (boil and blend)
- ½ Cup Water
- 4-5 Tomatoes Chopped
- 3-4 Red Chilies (Kashmiri-just for color)
- 4-5 Cloves
- 3-4 Cardamoms or Green Elaichi
- ½ cup Cashews
- 4-5 Finely Chopped Onions
- 1-½ tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1-2 Bay leaf or Tej Ptta
- 1 Inch Cinnamon or Dalchini
- 1-2 Green Chilies Slit
- ½ tbsp Garam Masala (You can find the recipe in our website)
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder)
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds powder
- 1tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp kasuri-methi or roasted or dried Fenugreek leaves crushed
- ½ cup Cream or malai
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves Chopped
- Salt- According to Taste
- A large pan or deep cooking pot or Kadahi or Karahi
- A big Spoon or Karchhi
To make gravy
- Take pan or pot and boil water in it and add chopped tomatoes, red chilies, cloves, cardamom and cashews into it.
- Now cover it and cook for 4-5 minutes on medium flame or until all ingredients turn soft.
- Now turn off the flame and allow it cool.
- Now, pour out all ingredients into a blender without water and blend till a smooth paste form.
How to cook Paneer Lababdar
- After it take pan or karahi heat oil in it add bay leaf and cinnamom and sauté till fry for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Now, add chopped onions and green chilies, sauté till they turn uniformly golden brown.
- Then add garlic ginger paste and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes and after it pour out the tomato and other ingredients puree into it.
- Now, add salt, coriander powder and cumin seeds powder and mix well, cover and fry for 3 to 4 minutes till oil start separating (keep stirring in between).
- After it add water and then sugar and kasuri-methi (dried fenugreek leaves) mix well, and cover till a thick gravy form.
- Then, pour out cream, mix well again, cook for 1 minute.
- Now, add paneer cubes in this gravy, mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes on low flame.
- Add garam masala and half coriander leaves and mix to add flavor in it.
- Now, turn of flame completely. Cover it for 5 minutes to settle all the flavors.
- Now pour out paneer lababdar into a bowl and before serving garnish it with cream and left out chopped coriander leaves.