- 400 gms paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1/2 kg (6 big) onions – sliced finely
- 10-12 kaju (cashewnuts)
- 1 tbsp khus-khus (poppy seeds)
- 1/4 cup fresh curd
- 2 tomatoes – blanched
- 12 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water (approx)
- 4 tbsp, 2 tbsp oil (6 tbsp)
- 1 tsp salt – to taste
- 3/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala (mixed spices)
- oil for deep frying
- Cut paneer into rectangular pieces of about 1/2″ thickness.
- Heat oil and deep fry the paneer to a light colour. Keep aside.
- Soak khus-khus in 2-3 tbsp water for 15 minutes.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil and fry onions till they turn golden brown
- Remove from fire. Grind to a wet brown paste with 1/4 cup water.
- Grind kaju and the soaked khus-khus to a wet white paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil. Add the brownish paste and cook on low heat till golden brown in colour.
- Add beaten curd and cook till the paste turns brown again. (3-4 minutes).
- Put the tomatoes in boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove from water and peel the skin to blanch them.
- Add the blanched, chopped tomatoes. Cook till oil separates. Keep mashing while cooking.
- Add kaju paste and cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add milk and enough water to get thick gravy.
- Add salt, pepper, red chilli pd. & garam masala. Boil the gravy and simmer for 3-4 minutes. 14. Add the fried paneer. Serve hot.