French Fried Potatoes
You will need –
- 750 gms baby potatoes (If you cannot get baby potatoes, you will have to take bigger ones and cut them in halves or quarters)
- salt, pepper
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tblsp. oil.
- Boil the potatoes, taking care not to overcook them. If they are overcooked, they will break and lose their texture and cannot be fried properly.
- Peel the potatoes only after cooling them. Heat the oil in a skillet and drop seven or eight pieces (or whole potatoes) in at a time. On medium heat, fry them till golden brown on all sides.
- Remove and keep aside. When all the potatoes are fried, return them all to the pan, add salt and pepper, and fry for a minute or two.
- Pour the Worcestershire sauce over them; remove from the flame immediately, turning and mixing at the same time, to distribute the sauce uniformly.