- 6 firm big tomatoes
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- 2 onions – finely chopped
- 2 green chilies – finely chopped
- 250 gms paneer (cottage cheese) – mashed
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp tandoori masala
- few boiled peas
- Cut tomatoes into two pieces & scoop out each piece. Keep pulp aside.
- Apply little salt on the inner side of all the pieces of tomatoes.
- Keep them upside down for a few minutes Heat oil.
- Add onions. Cook till transparent.
- Add tomato pulp and green chillies.
- Cook till den Add mashed paneer, salt and tandoori masala. Cool the filling.
- Put the filling in the scooped halves. Press.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs.
- Put in a greased tray & bake for 8-10 minutes. Alternately, put 2 tbsp oil in a flat bottomed karahi and place the stuffed tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on low heat for a few minutes. Do not let the tomatoes turn limp.
- Dot with a boiled pea or a coriander leaf & serve hot.