Rich White Mutton Curry Recipe
Cream, cashews, curds all combine to make this a dish for a special occasion.
- ½ kg Meat/Mutton, well washed and cubed
- 1 cup fresh curd
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 black cardamoms, pounded
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 onion, sliced finely
- 1” piece of ginger, ground or grated
- 1-2 green chilies, chopped fine
- 25 cashews, ground to a fine paste
- 3 tablespoons cream or top of the milk
- Juice half a lime
- Salt to taste
A pan to marinate the meat; a pressure cooker; electric blender or grinding stone to grind the cashews
- Lightly beat the curds and mix into it the coriander and salt. Rub this mixture well into the meat, pour the excess over and keep aside for an hour.
- Heat the oil. Add to it the cardamoms and cumin and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and fry a golden brown.
- Add the ginger and chilies and cook for a minute.
- Add the meat with the marinade and if you want a curried preparation, add one cup of water. Close the cooker and bring o maximum pressure. Lower the heat and cook another 15-20 minutes. Let the pressure reduce by itself, then open the cooker and add the cashews, blended well with the cream. Cover and cook another 10 minutes.
- Before serving stir in the lime juice.