Veg Malabari Curry
You will need –
- 500 gms ripe tomatoes
- 2 medium sized onions
- 2 tblsp. grated fresh coconut
- 8 petals garlic
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp. methi seeds (fenugreek)
- 5 stalks curry leaves
- 1 cup curd
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- salt and chili powder to taste
- 2 tblsp. oil
- Chop the onions finely. Cut the tomatoes in small pieces.
- Place the tomato and half the onion in a pan, add hot water and cook on low heat.
- Add salt, chili powder and turmeric to the simmering tomatoes. Grind together the rest of the onion, cumin seeds, garlic, and coconut.
- Beat up the curd till smooth, and the ground masala to the curd and add all this to the cooked tomatoes.
- Heat the oil, add the mustard seeds, methi seeds, curry leaves and pour over the curry.
- The curry should be of a pouring consistency, but fairly thick.