Green Chutney Recipe using Capsicum
Green Chutney or Sauce is something which add flavor to your menu. Whether it is paneer sandwiches, rolls, paneer pakoras, veg cutlet etc. It is five minutes quick recipe in which main ingredients are coriander and mint leaves. Other ingredients such as ginger, lemon juice, zeera powder, chaat powder and garam masala are key ingredients which gives twist to this recipe. You can use other spices for variation according to your taste. I am going to make this chutney using fried grams which is a big twist to this recipe.
- 100 gm-Coriander leaves chopped (Hara Dhaniya)
- A handful of Mint Leaves (Pudina)
- A handful of Fried Gram (Bhune Chane)
- 2 Green Chilies chopped (Hari Mirch)-you can add more to make it spicier
- Half green capsicum chopped
- 2 Pieces of Ginger chopped (Adrak)
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder (zeera powder)
- ½ garam masala
- ½ to ½ lemon juice (neembu ka ras) or according to taste
- Salt according to taste
- 1 to 2 teaspoon water for grinding smoothly
- First take coriander leaves wash them properly and chop them and keep aside.
- Now, take other ingredients-mint leaves, green chilies and ginger wash them and chop them too. (Some people do not want to chop these ingredients, they just put directly into the blender). I am using chopped ingredients, for smooth and easy grinding.
- Now, take blender and put coriander and mint leaves into it. Now, add green chilies and ginger and chopped capsicum into it. (Capsicum gives it a tangy flavor)
- Then, add fried gram and other ingredients cumin powder, gram masala and salt.
- After it, add lemon juice and blend it properly. Check in between if you find chutney is thick, you can add water. But do not make it thin or watery.
- After blending properly a smooth paste will form. Remove this chutney in a bowl and keep aside.
- You can relish this chutney with different snacks like sandwiches, rolls, paneer pakoras, veg cutlet and many more.
- This chutney can stay for 3 to 4 days in refrigerator.
Note: You can use yogurt and sugar in this chutney for variation.